What you need...
- Garlic sauce...1 recipe ( you my not use the entire amount, but it will come close). Also, be sure to make the garlic sauce at least 2+ hours in advance. Here is My Version of Papa Murphy's Garlic Sauce, that you can use
- Warm water...1 ½ cups (about 110 degrees)
- Flour...3-3 ½ cups
- Yeast...2 ½ tsp.
- Brown sugar... 1 tsp.
- Salt...1 tsp.(I use onion salt for more flavor. If you do this, you can omit the onion powder)
- Garlic powder...1 tsp.
- Onion powder...1 tsp.
- Oregano...1 tsp.
- Set your bread machine to the "Mix Dough" setting and then add the brown sugar, water, and yeast. Let proof for about 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of flour and then olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano
- Start the machine and add the remaining flour ½ cup at a time. Let the machine incorporate the flour before adding more. Once all flour is added, make sure the dough is not too wet or dry (add flour or extra water as needed)
- Once the dough cycle is complete (about 1 hour 40 minutes), remove dough and gently roll into a ball
- OR remove dough from machine after it is finished kneading- about 20 minutes- and place in a large, oiled, bowl. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and place in a warm area until doubled- about 1 hour), then remove dough and gently roll into a log-shape
- Using a knife or dough cutter, slice even pieces from the dough (about 10-12 slices)
- Take each slice, place on counter, and roll out lengthwise into a rope (about 12 inches)
The first tray...
- Place 2 inches apart on parchment-covered baking sheet and repeat with each slice
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each piece in half
- Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and let rise in warm area for 30 minutes
- Shred cheeses and mix together
- Set oven to 425°
- Once doubled, slather each piece liberally with garlic sauce
- Cover liberally with cheese
Dough is covered in sauce and cheese is being applied...
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned